Building Inspection

Looking to build in or around Maysville?  Needing information for permits?  We have what you need.  Simply click on the appropriate permit, fill it out, and return it to the Town Hall and we will assist you from there.  If you have questions, you can call the Town Hall at 910-743-4441 Option 1.

  • How do I know which permit I need?

First, decide whether or not it requires a commercial or a residential inspection.

  • Residential Permit:
    • Those where the public does not come into your home for any type of business function.
  • Commercial Permit:
    • This requires the public coming into your home for business.
    • Examples of required permits are home daycare, home assisted living and any other similar home-based businesses.
    • Retail stores, gas stations, restaurants, etc. all fall under this category. 

Second, decide which trade is being worked on?

  • Plumbing
    • Water lines, sewer lines, cutting of any plumbing pipes, etc.
  • Mechanical or Fuel Piping
    • Heat and air repairs, gas tanks installed, gas stoves, or gas log fireplaces.
  • Electrical
    • Any type of repairs or replacement of electrical items.
  • Building
    • Decks, stair replacements, sheathing repairs replacing rotten wood on the exterior of your home, renovations or new construction.
  • Mobile Home
    • Setting up or moving of a single or double-wide mobile home. 
  • Fire Permit
    • All commercial projects must have a fire permit. See above for what falls under the category of commercial permits.
  • Demolition Permit
    • Any type of demolition will require this permit.